2012 Takes my Blog to Fiberluscious

2012 Takes my Blog to Fiberluscious
Click on the logo to see my newest Blog

Monday, October 17, 2011

Let Play Dress Up!

Marvelous Mummy by Martha

Halloween is one of our favorite holidays. I love the whole dress up experience! My kids wore handmade, elaborate costumes until they begged me to stop.Now I have a grandchild to dress up. As an adult, my husband and I love to go out, incognito and have fun and cut loose under a new persona. I think you are never too old to play dress up. So go ahead. Let your imagination go.
I am amazed at how creative some people are. Its less than a week away and I"m still sewing. Here are some fun designs I've discovered and some tutorials on how to get it done

Day of the Dead - Video Tutorial

3 Eyed Monster Tutorial by Fiskars

Angry Bird Family Costume Tutorial

Recycled Monster and other handmade, recycled costume ideas

This Loch Ness Sea Monster tickles me to no end. Ready to purchase at Missnessamonster on Etsy. Mention you found it here and she will give you 10% off your purchase!

Are you more of a Super Hero type? How about a Power Ranger Costume? Check out this tutorial and a few others on E-How.

Game Boy~Girl

The last image is my adorable grand baby in her handmade Kitty costume. (Mc Calls MP444)
This pattern offers an elephant, skunk. lion and monkey. I wanted to make her a kitty so I simply simplified the lion costume. I didn't add the mane or the fringe on the tail. I used swirly pink fur, shabby white fur, scraps of velour and I added a big satin bow. Its a bit big, but it should accommodate warm clothes to be worn underneath. This is Wisconsin after all. Have to keep her toasty!

Now get sewing and be amazing!






1 comment:

  1. The pink kitten costume is the most adorable one I've seen! How long did it take to make? I haven't followed a pattern since eighth grade home ec class, but I'd love to make that costume for my daughter's Halloween costume this year. Did you make any changes other than the ears? Did you insert anything in the ears to keep them up?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and questions!
Let me know what you are working on.
Request a stitchery product or kit.
Ask me about my Etsy shop.
Please note, all comments are moderated
so there may be a delay before yours is posted.